Life is a little (read: lot) intense lately. In a good way. But a busy way.
For one, Alex and I have officially moved into our South End dream apartment. It has hardwood floors, bay windows, a view of a park that, each time I look out at it, makes me want a dog even more than the day before, three (three!) fireplaces, and a Viking range.
It’s absolutely incredible, and something I never thought I could afford. But after years of hard work, it feels damn good.
We’re currently decorating it to a T, but as soon as we’re done I’ll do a little apartment tour for you guys, because that would be super fun.
I also feel like I’ve been in an airport every other week. This last month I was in Tulum, first with friends then for a Foodie’s Guide To Tulum post (coming at you soon!), then Cincinnati with Kroger, and in a week I leave for Paris with Bonne Maman. Then I fly home briefly before heading out to Maryland to shoot a cookbook with Wholesomelicious, then back to Detroit for Alex’s medical school graduation, a two-day shoot with Simply Orange, then a friend’s wedding.
Oh and my team and I are officially launching Foodtography School in two and a half weeks.
Can you see why I can barely keep my head on straight? But se la vie! I’ll be good! 🙂
Now that you know my life schedule, let me leave you with this Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Dutch Baby. It’s pretty epic. A soft and fluffy Dutch pancake made with brown butter sautéed peaches, a bourbon brown butter batter, plus it’s topped with ice cream. Oooooh baby!
This would be a perfect addition to your Mother’s Day brunch table. Or to your regular brunch table. Just… go make it.
Brown Butter Peach Dutch Baby
A deliciously epic bourbon brown butter peach dutch baby topped with granola, fresh peaches, and vanilla ice cream! Perfect for a lazy Sunday morning 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 large dutch baby 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: dutch
for the dutch baby
5 tablespoons butter, divided
1 large peach, sliced thin
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon bourbon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
for the toppings
1/4 cup granola
3 scoops vanilla ice cream
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan, heat the butter over low heat for roughly 5 minutes, swirling the pan every 20 seconds or so. Heat until the milk solids turn a light golden brown color. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of browned butter in a large caste iron pan. Sauté half of the peach slices in the brown butter until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool while you make your batter.
- In a large blender, combine eggs, flour, sugar, remaining 1/4 cup browned butter, bourbon, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Pulse until mixture comes together, then pour into caste iron pan with sautéed peaches.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the dutch baby puffs up in the middle and is a light golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with granola, remaining slices of peach, ice cream, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm!
Keywords: yummy, easy, peach, summer, bourbon