These Fluffernutter Cookies are filled with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter. They are one of the most delicious cookies we have ever made!
The Best Fluffernutter Cookies
Brace yourselves because these cookies swirled with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter are seriously one of the tastiest things we’ve made all summer. Modeled after my absolute favorite childhood sandwich, the iconic fluffernutter, these fluffernutter cookies will take you right back to all the best parts of elementary school.
Growing up my parents would make us a sandwich every day (no crust…duh), and there were just a few varieties to choose from: turkey with cheddar cheese, or more likely, peanut butter and fluff. AKA the world renowned Fluffernutter. Two slices of soft white bread filled with a big smear of peanut butter and a generous serving of marshmallow fluff. Or if you were my brother, just fluff. Yes, indeed, my parents did let my brother eat marshmallow sandwiched between two slices of white bread for lunch everyday of his youth. Which probably explains why we all have such sweet tooths 🙂
And with September coming up, first days of school, and all that jazz, it’s got me hankering for a good fluffernutter. This is only my second school free September and I must say, it feels pretty darn weird. Like I miss my backpack??? I even kind of miss homework. What is wrong with me? Am I the only one who feels this way?
But, most of all I miss my fluffernutters.
What Are Fluffernutter Cookies?
Fluffernutter cookies take all the flavors of the popular sandwich made with peanut butter and marshmallow fluff and swirl it all together into a truly addicting cookie. Is it a sugar rush? I mean…yeah. But is it absolutely delicious? Heck yes. We used our favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, dumped in huge spoonfuls of PB and marshmallow fluff. and these peanut butter and fluff cookies were born.
It’s important not to overwork your dough to preserve those big swirls, so we’d recommend using a cookie scoop to scoop out each cookie. Drop each ball onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and baked at 350°F for about 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool and enjoy with a glass of milk, just like old times.
I won’t tell if you eat these for lunch 🙂Print
Fluffernutter Cookies (Peanut Butter and Fluff Cookies)
Take all your fav flavors of a fluffernutter sandwich with these peanut butter and fluff swirled cookies!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 16 large cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup marshmallow fluff
- Beat the melted butter and sugars together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until well mixed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just incorporated.
- Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter and fluff into your dough and stir once or twice to incorporate only slightly. You should still have separate pockets of peanut butter and fluff within your cookie dough. Do not over mix. Set the dough in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour, but up to 24 hours.
- When you are ready to bake your dough, preheat the oven to 350°F , and prep a cookie sheet, lining it with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, drop the dough onto your sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are turning golden brown, but the center is still gooey. Allow to cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
Keywords: peanut butter cookies, fluffernutter, what is fluffernutter, how to make fluffernutter, fluffernutter cookies
Looking for other Peanut Butter recipes? We got you covered: