Talk about a classic blondie with a twist! These Peanut Butter Nutella Blondies are buttery and chewy, with huge swirls of Nutella and peanut butter rippled throughout. And the best part? They take minutes to make.
Oh, hey there. Today we’re sharing a little something sweet to start your Monday off right: Peanut Butter Nutella Swirled Blondies AKA thick, chewy blondies with big ol’ ripples of peanut butter and Nutella. They’re marbled perfection, and we think you’re going to love them. I mean, pb + Nutella + blondies?
What’s not to like?
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Nutella Swirled Blondies:
These easy Nutella blondies are super easy to make and require minimal ingredients!
- Butter: Use melted and cooled unsalted butter for this recipe to create a silky crumb!
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar really deepens the flavor of these peanut butter nutella blondies and keeps them super moist!
- Eggs: This Nutella blondie recipe calls for one egg and one egg yolk. The extra egg yolk will keep the blondies super soft without adding too much egginess to the batter!
- Vanilla extract: Make sure you use a high quality vanilla extract. We use Rodelle, and refuse to use anything else 🙂 Vanilla is SO important for really deepening the flavor profile, so don’t even think about leaving it out.
- Baking powder: Baking powder gives these blondies an even rise without creating too many holes.
- Flour: All purpose flour is the perfect fit for these blondies, but you could always swap it out for a cup for cup gluten free blend if you’re looking for a gluten free blondie!
- Peanut butter: We used a natural peanut butter for these blondies so it was super easy to swirl. If you’re using something a little more processed (which is TOTALLY fine by the way), just pop the peanut butter in the microwave for fifteen seconds to warm it up enough so it’s runny!
- Nutella: You could use any chocolate spread here, or leave out the Nutella if it’s not your thing. But I don’t see why you’d ever want to do that 🙂
Tips for making the peanut butter nutella blondies:
Despite their pretty marbled top, these Nutella swirled blondies are deceivingly easy to make. And, really, is there anything better than an easy as pie dessert that takes almost no time to throw together? Me thinks not.
Just follow these three “Do-nots” for the best blondies ever.
- Don’t over mix: Over mixing = dry blondies. And do you know what dry blondies are? Sad. Overworking your blondie dough will develop more gluten, leading to a tough blondie. Simply mix the batter until no clumps of flour remain and then hold your horses. This will give you a super tender and almost fudgy crumb. Drool.
- Don’t over swirl the peanut butter and Nutella: When it comes to swirling, less is more. If you mix the peanut butte and nutella in too much you won’t get those beautiful, distinct swirls. Just give the pb and chocolate a few twists to create minimal marbling and then pop these bad boys in the oven!
- Don’t over bake: There is nothing sadder than over baked desserts. I will defend that to the death. Do not challenge me. And most importantly, do NOT over bake these nutella peanut butter blondies. Take them out when the edges are just golden brown and the inside is still gooey! They’ll continue to cook as the cool. And remember, an under baked blondie is better than a dry one.
Alright, now it’s your turn to whip up these peanut butter nutella blondies! Enjoy!Print
Peanut Butter Nutella Blondies
Dense and chewy, these peanut butter nutella blondies are super easy to make and the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I mean, who wouldn’t love a buttery blondie with fat ribbons of peanut butter and Nutella?!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl stir together the baking powder, salt, and flour. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together until just mixed and no clumps of flour remain. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan. Drop the peanut butter and Nutella on top of the batter and use a butter knife to make big swirls. Do not over-swirl–you want big ribbons of peanut butter and Nutella.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the brownies are golden brown and set on the edges and have puffed up. The middle will still be pretty doughy, but they will continue to cook as they cool!
- Once the blondies are cool, cut into 9 squares and enjoy!
Tips for Peanut Butter Nutella Blondies
- Don’t overmix the batter! This will lead to a tough blondie.
- If you’re using a thicker peanut butter, heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds to thin out the consistency and make swirling easier!
- Don’t overbake the blondies! All ovens are different, so keep an eye on them and take them out when they’re still gooey in the middle!
Keywords: peanut butter nutella blondies, nutella blondies, nutella swirled blondies