You’ll find all the best classic easy desserts that every baker should have in her recipe box here! From classic chocolate chip cookies to homemade vanilla cake, these basic recipes are the ultimate crowdpleasers. Bookmark these easy desserts so you always have them on hand!
If you’re stuck at home with a little extra time on your hands, and somehow found a way to get some all purpose flour in your hands (I’ve been to 3 grocery stores and they’re all out), then you might be looking to hone all those basic recipes in your inbox. We rounded up all our favorite classic desserts into one place, so consider this your recipe box, my loves! We’re happy to share it 🙂
What are classic desserts?
Classic desserts are those staple recipes that every one has in their cookbook. While we love a good caradamom pistachio coffee cake and s’mores cookies, those unique flavors are not the classic easy desserts that your grandma was baking up in her prime. We’re talking about snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, and chocolate chip banana bread. And while you’re cooped up at home, it’s the perfect time to whip up these easy desserts to solidify those perfect basic recipes for your recipe box!
Ingredients for basic easy desserts:
Most of these easy desserts are made with classic ingredients you’d already have in a fully stocked pantry! No specialty flours, weird spices, or oddball ingredients involved. You can find our ultimate pantry list here, but here are some ingredients your pantry should always be stocked up on:
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips
- Food Coloring
In a pinch for a certain ingredients, but have your heart set on making a specific recipe? Check out our Ultimate Baking Substitutions Guide for all your substituting needs!
Classic Cookie Recipes
Cookies are one of the best easy desserts to whip up when you’re itching to bake something. They’re easy, delicious, freeze well, and these classic desserts are perfect for sharing!
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies – Chocolate chip cookies are the number one searched for easy dessert and for good reason. They’re chewy, buttery, full of chocolate and this recipe for the BEST chocolate chip cookies of all time will seriously change your life.
- Soft Snickerdoodles – These pillowy soft snickerdoodles melt in your mouth!
- Sugar Cookies – Every good baker needs a classic sugar cookie recipe in her recipe box. This tender, chewy sugar cookie recipe is the perfect cut out sugar cookie for every occasion!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – These peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy and the perfect combo of salty sweet!
- Oatmeal Cookies – Made with old fashioned oats, raisins AND chocolate chunks, these gooey oatmeal raisins cookies are the perfect hearty cookie to whip up!
- Macarons – Check out our foolproof macarons for all the tricks to perfect, smooth macarons every time!
Classic Cake Recipes
I don’t know about you guys, but homemade cake has always been a little intimidating to me. But homemade cake is the perfect project tackle while you’re holed up at home. It’ll make any day feel like a birthday and it’s one of the trickier classic dessert categories perfect for beefing up your baking repertoire.
- Vanilla Cake – This tender and moist vanilla cake is anything but basic! Follow our step by step guide for the perfect homemade vanilla cake
- Chocolate Cake – This chocolate cake is rich and fudgy and pairs perfectly with a thick, chocolate buttercream!
- Funfetti Cake – Is there anything more fun than funfetti? I think not. This homemade funfetti cake is the perfect festive treat to make any day feel like a party
- Funfetti Cupcakes – I take it back — funfetti cupcakes are way more fun than cake.
- Carrot Cake – Carrot Cake is life. This one is seriously scrumptious and packed full of carrots, pineapple, and the perfect amount of spice!
Classic Bread and Muffin Recipes
From banana bread to blueberry muffins, we rounded up all our easy recipes for all the classic muffins and breads you can think of! Whip up one of these easy desserts for breakfast or as an afternoon treat!
- Basic Muffins – Customize this perfect muffin base with whatever you have on hand with 9 different variations!
- Blueberry Muffins – Believe me when I say these blueberry muffins are the best ones you will EVER have.
- Chocolate Chip Muffins – Any excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast am I right? These muffins are buttery, moist and every single bite has melty chocolate in it.
- Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – Made with just 6 ingredients: peanut butter, honey, bananas, oats, eggs, and baking powder, these muffins are the perfect guilt free treat!
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – If you have a few brown bananas lying around, this classic chocolate chip banana bread is calling your name!
- Classic Zucchini Bread – This zucchini bread is packed full of zucchini with the dreamiest, most tender crumb! Add chocolate chips, raisins or walnuts to give it a little pizzaz.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Nothing can compete with fresh homemade cinnamon rolls!
Classic Brownie and Bar Recipes
From cheesecake brownies to blondies, you’ll find every basic brownie and bar recipe to springboard all the fun add-ins of your dreams here! Bookmark these perfect classic recipes so you always have them on hand!
- The Best Brownies – These brownies are both fudgy AND cakey AKA the best of both worlds.
- Fudgy Brownies – If you’re looking for seriously fudgy homemade brownies, this is the recipe for you!
- Cheesecake Brownies – Why choose between cheesecake and brownies when you can have both?!
- Blondies – This classic blondie recipe is the perfect base for allll your add ins!
Classic Pie Recipes
Buttery and delicious, pie is the ultimate cozy home baked treat. Serve these classic recipes up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! We have it all from fruit pies, cream pies, hand pies and everything in between!
- Perfect Pie Crust – Flaky, buttery, and tender, the secret to this perfect pie crust is ice cold vodka! I know it sounds weird, but hear us out!
- Pumpkin Pie – Pumpkin pie is not just for thanksgiving! This dreamy pumpkin pie is super easy to make and comes together in a flash!
- Bourbon Pecan Pie – This pecan pie is buttery, nutty, and the perfect salty sweet treat you deserve!
- Cherry Pie– We topped his cherry pie with a decadent crumb topping, you can always finish it off with a classic lattice pie crust for the picture perfect cherry pie!
- Chocolate Cream Pie – Luscious, fudgy and sinfully chocolatey, this chocolate cream pie is easy to make and even easier to eat!
- Apple Pie – Is there anything more iconically American than warm apple pie? No. Made with fresh apples and the perfect dash of cinnamon, you’ll love this apple pie recipe!
And just like that your recipe box is complete. We hope you enjoy these foolproof recipes just as much as we do for years to come. Bookmark these classic easy recipes so you always have them on hand!